The Society welcomes all who have an interest in wind engineering, whether in research or in application to design and construction.
The current yearly subscription rates are as follows:
- Corporate Members (with >25 employees): £210 (includes 6 named members).
- Corporate Members (with <25 employees): £105 (includes 3 named members).
- Individual Members: £35.
- Student Members: Free
- Retired Members: £15.
In addition there are special classes of membership for those active in wind engineering who are judged to be eminent in the field (Fellows) and for others who have rendered outstanding service to wind engineering (Honorary Members).
Benefits of Membership
- Enjoy substantial reductions on registration fees for the annual WES Conference and other chargeable events
- Receive email notices of WES technical meetings and events
- Receive information on other national and international Wind Engineering conferences and publications
- Enjoy online access to live broadcasts of WES evening technical meetings
- Gain access to the WES website Members' Area, which includes meeting minutes and documents, scientific papers and an archive of playback links of lectures and presentation files (currently under development)
- Play your part in the Wind Engineering community
- Meet Wind Engineers from industry, specialist consultants, research organisations and academia
- Make your voice heard in the running of WES; at the AGM, nominating members for election to the Committee and proposing technical meetings
- List your company details and weblink on the WES website and gain exposure to the wind engineering industry (corporate members)
Join the Society
If you wish to join please download and complete the appropriate application form below and email the completed form to email@example.com.
- 17 February 2002 - Wind Storm Events - Their Challenges and Effects on Structure
- 10 November 2021 - 2021 Scruton Lecture
- 31 August 2021 - Designs to mitigate the effect of wind on the microclimates of balconies and terraces
- 18 May 2021 - Aerodynamic Behaviour and Structural Safety of Tower Cranes
- 18 May 2021 - WES Annual General Meeting