The Society is managed by an Executive Committee consisting of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Honorary Secretary/Treasurer and 5 other elected members. The committee may also co-opt members from time to time and have representatives from other Engineering Institutions.
The current committee is:
|Stefano Cammelli||Vice Chair|
|John Rees||Past Chair|
|Francesco Dorigatti||Future Leaders Rep|
|Mingzhe He||Co-opted Member|
WES and the ICE
The Wind Engineering Society is a Specialist Knowledge Society of the Institution of Civil Engineers. While the Society is effectively self-governing, this relationship allows WES to make use of the ICE's administrative support for the collection of membership subscriptions, newsletter circulations etc. Members of the Society do not have to be members of the ICE. Liaison with the ICE is maintained by mutual representation between the Structure and Building Board of the Institution and the Executive Committee of the Society.
- 17 February 2002 - Wind Storm Events - Their Challenges and Effects on Structure
- 10 November 2021 - 2021 Scruton Lecture
- 31 August 2021 - Designs to mitigate the effect of wind on the microclimates of balconies and terraces
- 18 May 2021 - Aerodynamic Behaviour and Structural Safety of Tower Cranes
- 18 May 2021 - WES Annual General Meeting