Developments in Bridge Aerodynamics
The fourth in the series of international seminars organised by the University of Birmingham and sponsored by the IAWE, will take place on Thursday 7th January at 12.00 noon UK time. The seminar is entitled "Developments in Bridge Aerodynamics".
The registration link for the seminar is at
The programme will be as follows.
Prof John Owen, School of Engineering, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, The Response of Bridges to Wind – Some Lessons from Monitoring Large Bridges
Prof Steve Cai, Louisiana State University, Time domain simulation of turbulence effects on the aerodynamic flutter of long span bridges.
Prof Claudio Mannini, University of Florence, Nonlinear modelling of self-excited forces for a long-span bridge under turbulent wind
Prof Ole Andre Øiseth, Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Lessons learned from long-term wind and acceleration monitoring of the Hardanger Bridge.
Prof Luca Caracoglia, North Eastern University, Boston, Relevance of Uncertainty Quantification to Study Wind Load Variability and its Effects on Long-Span Bridge Aeroelasticity
- 18 May 2021 - Aerodynamic Behaviour and Structural Safety of Tower Cranes
- 18 May 2021 - WES Annual General Meeting
- 01 October 2020 - Good Practice for use of Experimental and Computational Methods for Wind Pressures on Structures and Facades
- 15 July 2020 - Monitoring the Wind-induced response of the Forth Road Bridge
- 08 July 2020 - International Conference on Advances in Wind and Structures