IAWE Presidential Award for Ian Harris
We are pleased to report that Dr Ian Harris was awarded the IAWE Presendential Award in a short online ceremony on Wednesday 17th November. The award was given in recognition of Ian's significant contribution to our discipline of wind engineering. Ahsan Kereem, the current president of the IAWE gave the introduction, followed by a warm and personal dedication from Ian's long time friend and collaborator, Nick Cook. Ian then spoke to accept the reward and reminisce about a life in wind engineering and his continuing contribution to the subject. Finally, Yukio Tamura gave a vote of thanks. If you would like to watch the ceremony, a recording can be found here. It is well worth a watch. Congratulations, Ian, from all of us at WES!
- 17 February 2002 - Wind Storm Events - Their Challenges and Effects on Structure
- 10 November 2021 - 2021 Scruton Lecture
- 31 August 2021 - Designs to mitigate the effect of wind on the microclimates of balconies and terraces
- 18 May 2021 - Aerodynamic Behaviour and Structural Safety of Tower Cranes
- 18 May 2021 - WES Annual General Meeting