Prestigious Award for Prof. Chris Baker
We have the great pleasure to announce that Prof Chris Baker has been unanimously selected by the IAWE Executive Board as the recipient of the prestigious IAWE Davenport Medal for his significant contributions to the field of wind engineering. Chris has been an active member of WES for many years and has made significant contributions to our understanding of vehicle stability, building aerodynamics, climatology and non-synoptic events. Although he 'retired' in 2019, he continues to actively pursue new knowledge and share some of his insights on his web site (https://profchrisbaker.com/) Congratulations Chris for a well-deserved award!
- 17 February 2002 - Wind Storm Events - Their Challenges and Effects on Structure
- 10 November 2021 - 2021 Scruton Lecture
- 31 August 2021 - Designs to mitigate the effect of wind on the microclimates of balconies and terraces
- 18 May 2021 - Aerodynamic Behaviour and Structural Safety of Tower Cranes
- 18 May 2021 - WES Annual General Meeting