Prestigious Award for Prof. Chris Baker
We have the great pleasure to announce that Prof Chris Baker has been unanimously selected by the IAWE Executive Board as the recipient of the prestigious IAWE Davenport Medal for his significant contributions to the field of wind engineering. Chris has been an active member of WES for many years and has made significant contributions to our understanding of vehicle stability, building aerodynamics, climatology and non-synoptic events. Although he 'retired' in 2019, he continues to actively pursue new knowledge and share some of his insights on his web site (https://profchrisbaker.com/) Congratulations Chris for a well-deserved award!
- 18 May 2021 - Aerodynamic Behaviour and Structural Safety of Tower Cranes
- 18 May 2021 - WES Annual General Meeting
- 01 October 2020 - Good Practice for use of Experimental and Computational Methods for Wind Pressures on Structures and Facades
- 15 July 2020 - Monitoring the Wind-induced response of the Forth Road Bridge
- 08 July 2020 - International Conference on Advances in Wind and Structures